MOVIE RATING SCALE:

***** (Spectacular) 10

****1/2 (Excellent) 9

**** (Very Good) 8

***1/2 (Good) 7

*** (Above Average) 6

**1/2 (Average) 5

** (Below Average) 4

*1/2 (Mediocre) 3

* (Awful) 2

1/2 (Abysmal) 1

0 (Worthless) 0


Saturday, July 9, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: Fabio Cannavaro Retires Early Due To Bad Knee...

Well, the weekend was going great until I found out that my favorite soccer player, the Italian defender Fabio Cannavaro, is retiring from the Beautiful Game at the age of 38.

I can't tell you folks how much this saddens me. I've followed Cannavaro's career since 1998 when I first moved to Europe and started my immersion into European football. The guy is not just a handsome face - he's an actual dynamo of a defender. He has a stellar track record with Inter-Milan, Parma, Real Madrid, Juventus, and now Al Alhi in Dubai. And, of course, he led the Italian National team to World Cup Victory in 2006 as the team captain. And he's from Naples, where I lived for 3 years. Part of the reason I was happy when I got my assignment to Naples was because I knew I'd be going to Fabio's home town.

Well... This is pretty much a huge bummer for anyone who loves the game. But we have to have faith that this move will be better for him in the long run. His knee must be pretty bad if he has to retire early. Of course, he's had a great run, and that's what we need to focus on.

Anyhow... please find below a collage/slide show of Fabio's career. Sigh...

Fabio, ci mancherĂ . Il mondo del calcio non sarĂ  la stessa.