MOVIE RATING SCALE:

***** (Spectacular) 10

****1/2 (Excellent) 9

**** (Very Good) 8

***1/2 (Good) 7

*** (Above Average) 6

**1/2 (Average) 5

** (Below Average) 4

*1/2 (Mediocre) 3

* (Awful) 2

1/2 (Abysmal) 1

0 (Worthless) 0


Sunday, December 12, 2010

UPCOMING REVIEWS FOR THE WEEK OF 12/13/10 - 12/19/10

When I was in high school, I tried out for the soccer team. However, given that I've got two left feet and would be more apt to kick a teammate's nuts by accident instead of the ball, I didn't make the cut. Shocker, yes. It's true.

While I don't understand American football, I do like Basketball - even if I suck at it, too. Soccer, however, is much more interesting to me. There's just something graceful and elegant yet somehow also visceral and kinetic about the whole game that I just don't find in any other team sport.

At any rate, we've had some great films that explore the sport of soccer (or football), and next week we shall explore those films. List below:

# 184 - BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM: 2002 (AKA: Hot Chicks Can Kick A Soccer Ball, Too...)

# 185 - GOAL: 2005 (AKA: From East L.A. to the Manchester United In One Day)

# 186 - THE GAME OF THEIR LIVES: 2005 (AKA: Gerard Butler Kicks A Soccer Ball. That's All I Need To Know...)

# 187 - SHAOLIN SOCCER: 2001 (AKA: Chow Mein And Cleats Equals Wow!)

# 188 - KICKING AND SCREAMING: 2005 (AKA: Will Ferrell Is the World's Most Fucked-Up Soccer Coach...)

# 189 - THE CUP: 1999 (AKA: Buddhist Monks Can Kick It Around, Too...)

# 190 - ESCAPE TO VICTORY: 1981 (AKA: Pele and Sylvester Stallone in One Movie. Who woulda thunk?)

Shit. I'm cramping up already just looking at this line-up.











Get your cleats on, folks... because here comes the ball...