MOVIE RATING SCALE:

***** (Spectacular) 10

****1/2 (Excellent) 9

**** (Very Good) 8

***1/2 (Good) 7

*** (Above Average) 6

**1/2 (Average) 5

** (Below Average) 4

*1/2 (Mediocre) 3

* (Awful) 2

1/2 (Abysmal) 1

0 (Worthless) 0


Saturday, May 21, 2011

SNEAK PEEK: Our Last Two and Half Weeks....

Hiya, folks...

We're gearing up for the end of our year-long run. Hard to believe we were embarking on this mad-cap, insane journey almost a year ago. And here we are, almost a year later, and we're almost finishing up. Lots of questions abound from readers, such as what do we do after June 14? Well, let's just say that life will go on - and so will this blog, but in surprising ways. Details to come.

I had hoped to go to Italy to celebrate, but the summer season is peak season for my day job, so that wasn't so feasible. Nope, my Italian journey will have to wait until later this year. We'll talk about our plans for the future later... We will carry on. And, as always, it will be a blast...

For now, though, please know that from May 30 to June 14, our last two and a half weeks, we will review "Personal Favorites". Yup, I will be reviewing the favorite movies of friends, family, and fans - as well as my own. I've started to pick and choose, and will release the titles on May 28, during the end of Soccer Week # 3 in honor of the Mexico vs. Ecuador game. So, there's still time to get your "personal favorite" in for consideration. Just shoot me an email, folks...

It's been a wonderful run. I didn't think I could do it, but here we are, and your viewership and support was very instrumental in keeping the pace going. I love you all.

Please find below a few "Favorites" that have made the list. three are from friends or fans, one is from me. The list will get longer as we get closer to May 28. Send your stuff in, and while I can't promise anything, I will choose the most interesting suggestions. Thanks, all... always.

Do you like doing it in the dark?






These wings don't go with this outfit...




Picasso's lost masterpiece...




Damn, Matthew, cut back on the donuts!



In the meantime, please expect the last of the Superhero Flicks to post tomorrow. Got some hanging out to do today and the Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas game at Qwest Field tonight. Then we're on to next week's Soccer Flicks - then we start our "Personal Favorites" run...